Queen of Hill stations – Ooty is the best place to be in solace and rejuvenate the soul and mind. It is the most visited hill station in South India. Nestled in the Nilgiri hills, a few kilometers from Coimbatore, Ooty has in its lap bountiful of picturesque natural landscape that allures the attention of nature lovers from all across the globe.
Magnificent mountains, dense forests, lush green scenic grass lands and the majestic tea gardens spread over large area are the main attraction for the tourists who throng to the place in large numbers. The picturesque postcard landscape of Ooty is the first choice of nature lovers, honeymooners and photography savvy people.
Bathed with Blue Mountains – the magnetic factor for the town’s popularity, Ooty gives heavenly feeling on earth. The blue misty haze off the eucalyptus trees covering the area is one of the reasons for this place acquiring the name Ooty.
Certain areas that give jaw drop effect to every onlooker who would want to visit Ooty again and again are:
- Botanical gardens: This awesome place has the best landscape and is the main attraction among the photographers. The weather is cool and the place is amazing as it is spread by green blanket and flowers.
- Doddabetta peak: This is the place that many tourists take a trip to Ooty. Being nestled at the height of 8,650 feet, the place is the highest peaks in the South India. It has many picture painted locations and is best place for trek lovers as they can trek amidst the serene beauty of nature.
- Avalanche Lake: Undoubtedly, the wanders heaven; Avalanche Lake has mesmerizing landscape bathed with beautiful flowers like orchids, magnolias etc that are really treat to the eyes. The scenic beauty around the lake makes the person feel like heaven. Tourists can try some adventurous activities like trout fishing activity, trekking near the lake and rafting across the lake.
- Rose gardens: The largest rose gardens in India, is here in Ooty. The government rose gardens houses largest collection and variety of roses. Take a deep breath before as you ought to witness the beauty of over 20,000 different varieties of roses, a panoramic view indeed.
- Pykara waterfall: This is a great picnic spot with pristine lake, pine trees and the main attraction, the waterfall. Tourists can enjoy the beauty of waterfall and also can indulge in adventure activities like speed boat rides.
Other places of attraction are dolphin’s nose, lamb’s rock, Catherine waterfalls and Kamaraj Sagar Lake. Climate wise Ooty has pleasant climate that is the reason even the British made it their holiday resort.
Ooty is the place to titillate your taste buds as it has multi cuisine food to offer in its platter for all the food lovers looking for some flavorsome vacation. South Indian food rocks the platter followed by other savories.
The place offers refreshing shopping experience and is known for its aromatic tea leaves, honey, natural oils like Eucalyptus and fresh fruits. Other interesting items to shop for in Ooty are Toda shawls, Toda jewellery and other locally made handicraft items.
This queen of hill stations certainly mesmerized the tourists with her unparalleled natural beauty, scenic landscape, pleasant and healthy climate.