The Queen of South, Munnar is the most preferred tourist destination in the South of India. Nestled at the intersection of three mountain streams, this famous hill station has impeccable natural beauty that energises ones’ body and soul.
The hill station located at the Idukki district of Kerala is ideal pathway for all the nature loving people who desire to enjoy lovely moments with nature. Sojourn in the roads of Munnar will make you realize that this hill station is truly gifted by beautiful bounties of nature adding to soothing and serene beauty of nature in the state.
It is the most favoured picnic spot among the honeymooners as the place provides calm and salubrious aura rejuvenating the soul and body. The weather of this place is cool. On the way to Munnar one observes the fogs travelling the mountain and one come across women plucking tea from the green tea gardens signalling that the paradise of south – Munnar has arrived.
The place is nature lover’s paradise for it has in its ambience many beautiful sight seeing places that takes one closer to nature:
- Mattupetty: It is famous for its highly specialized dairy farm which rears over 100 varieties of high yielding cattle. The lake and dam a few furlong from the farm are the beautiful picnic spot. One can enjoy the boating facility on the dam.
- Pothamedu: This place offers excellent view of tea, coffee and cardamom plantations. This place is best place for trekking adventure which can be enjoyed to the fullest amidst lush mountain, beautiful scenery and rolling hills.
- Devikulam: With cool breeze, exotic flora and fauna, beautiful lawns, this place has divine tranquillity in its atmosphere. The Sita Devi Lake which is circumscribed by picturesque surroundings is best place for picnic and trout fishing.
- Attukal: An aerial view of waterfalls and rolling hills epitomises Attukal which is located between Munnar and Pallivasal is truly the feast to the eyes. One can also enjoy trekking in the rolling hills amidst natural beauty.
- Nyayamakad: It is the land of breathtaking and beautiful waterfalls. With water flowing down the hills from the great height makes the entire surroundings the excellent picnic spot and trekking point.
- Rajamala: The place is the natural habitat of the rare extinct species, the Nilgiri tahr. The place is 2695 mts above the sea level and is the home of rare mountain goat, Nilgiri Tahr. [wp_ad_camp_3]
- Eravikulam National Park: Munnar is also the home for Nilgiri Tahr. This park which is 97 sq. Km. Was declared as sanctuary in 1975 and was declared as national park in the 1978 because of its ecological, zoological and geo morphological significance. This place with its immense natural beauty is in sync to the best mountain ranges that are found anywhere all across the globe.
Munnar is the Paradise of the South. It is the place that relaxes one’s mind with the natural beauty and exotic species of flora and fauna, pristine valleys, never ending tea plantations undoubtedly makes this place haven in the earth.