Nestled in the Jammu and Kashmir region, this twin places is alluring the mammoth numbers of tourists from all across the globe by its breath taking beauty and thematic natural scenes.
Capital city of Ladakh also known has the Land of High Passes, entices the tourists by its simplicity and vivid natural beauty. Spectacular landscapes, circumscribed by serrated mountains all make this place authentic and spectacular.
The preserved natural heritage of the golden past can be witness in the pristine lakes, un destroyed human civilization epitomizes an exotic character and bathed in sublime aura, the place is the destination that is gaining popularity among bag packers.
Ladakh is one place that is bestowed with loads of natural wonders and is really enchanting region. It is not only a trekkers’ paradise but also it offers serenity and tranquility amidst picturesque landscape of nature.
Things that are worth a Visit are:
- Pangong Lake: Splendid view of reflection of mountains in the pristine waters makes this lake a million dollar worth a visit. Also the calm and imperturbable aura of environment mesmerizes every onlooker.
- Tso Moriri: It is a fresh water lake that is bathed with lush green vegetation and magnificent landscape
- Royal Leh palace: This offers grand panoramic view of the town. It is the nine storey high structure that was built by King Sengge Namgyal. The main attraction of this palace is the museum that houses rare collections of ceremonial crowns, dresses, ornaments etc.
- Magnetic hill: This is the most curious and exciting natural phenomenon wherein the hill can pull any vehicle up its steep slope with the ignition of vehicle off. It also has Gurudwara another added attraction.
- Nubra valley
- Shanti Stupa : The panoramic view of Leh and the snow clad mountains are worth seeing from here and also it has Buddhist temple Shanti Stupa inaugurated in 1991
- Monasteries viz. Lamayura, Alchi, Shey etc.
Ladakh also offers scope of adventurous activities viz. Yak safari, camel safari, snow leopard sighting, Indus River rafting, cycling, kayaking, motor biking, skiing, paragliding and trekking.
Climate here is very cold with temperature dropping to -20° C. Intermittent snow falls occurs during winter making the climate bone breaking chill. Summers are warm and monsoon here is average.
Buddhist religion is dominated in this region. Tibetan culture is prevalent and monastic rituals are celebrated with zeal and zest all over the region. The place gets charged up during festivals as people from all the corners of Ladakh come together and celebrate. In fact festivals are the best way to experience the culture.
Every region has its unique food in its platter based on climate. Leh- Ladakh also has some lip smacking food in its platter. Thukpa, Skyu, khambir, Pava, momos are the staple food of the region. Food here is perfect blend of Tibetan, Indian and continental cuisines.
This place is haven for all the shopaholics as it has in its store items many souvenirs alluring the tourists viz. Pashmina shawls, stoles, handmade woolen socks, gloves, Tibetan silver ornaments, hand woven rugs, carpets and shawls are some of the popular items of the place.
The virgin beauty of Leh and Ladakh has loads to offer to the tourists in terms of natural beauty, enthralling adventure activities and mouth watering cuisines.
It is undoubtedly dream destination for many tourists.