The desert city of Rajasthan has umpteen numbers of tourists who swarm the place from all over the globe to witness the picturesque beauty of golden sand dunes, magnificent red sand stone forts, majestic palaces and Havelis and not to forget the thrilling camel safaris.
Bikaner, a desert city was founded by Rao Bikaji, a Rathore prince in the year 1488 by converting barren land Jangladesh into a beautiful city. The city has magnificent forts and palaces that will cast a magical spell on all the tourists:
- Junagarh Fort: This majestic fort was constructed in the year 1593 by Raja Rai Singh. The architecture of this fort has perfect blend of Mughal, Gujarati and Rajput flavours making this fort an epitome of beauty, creativity and uniqueness. One gets bowled over by the magnificent courtyard surrounding the fort. [wp_ad_camp_1]
- Lalgarh Palace: Want to witness the splendid architectural grandeur of the age old era? This red sand stone construction is the signature of the state of art architectural brilliance of the yester years. Along with Mughal and Rajput architect norms one can witness the European tinge that is synchronized perfectly well while constructing this fort. The palace has recreational rooms and the beautiful dance of peacocks in the massive lawns rejuvenates the nerves of all the tourists who get mesmerised by this breathtaking scenic beauty.
- Gajner Palace: Nestled on the banks of the lake this palace is really the treat to the eyes. Used as a retreat after hunting, this red stone wonder is the perfect example of intellectual architecture. One can witness the flock of migratory birds that come in great numbers because of the palace being located in thick forest.
- Camel Safari: If you visit Bikaner and refrain from camel riding then you are sure to miss the very essence of desert. In order to enjoy this essence and get great experience of camel ride, Bikaner camel safari day tours are the must do. This safari takes the tourists to a place that is adventurous wherein you can find enchanting moments which will be cherished in your memory till eternity. And the scenic sun setting will elevate your holiday mood to a whole new level.
- Gajner Wild life sanctuary: If you are the kind of person who is found of wild life then Gajner sanctuary is the best place as it houses some artistic plants and wild animals like blue bulls, Indian hares, deer, antelopes etc. You can enjoy the wild life attraction by strolling along the jeep and camel safaris. [wp_ad_camp_3]
- Jain temple: Architected in the year 1514, Jain temple is signature of divinity and spirituality. The artistic designs of this temple, pillars, mirror work and the gold leaf work allure all the visitors. This temple is the perfect amalgamation of red sandstone and white marble which render divine grace and look to the temple.
The cultural heritage of Bikaner is one thing the visitors get impressed of. The city takes pride in preserving its pasts and the well maintained fort and palaces stand tall as the evidence.